In today’s changing market, there’s more to a successful
closing than just getting the offer accepted. Make sure you have an
agent capable of guiding you from start to close!
- Draw up a purchase offer with detailed contingencies in place
- Seller accepts the deal or counteroffers with contingencies and price changes of their own
- Submit your deposit, also known as "earnest money"
- Apply for your loan if you aren't already pre-approved
- Have the home inspected by a licensed home inspector
- Get the house appraised
- Perform a title search, buy title insurance, and homeowners insurance, as required by your lender
- Review all documents to ensure accuracy
- Pay for the down payment and closing costs
- Documents are signed, and you own the house!
As you begin to think about buying a home, you're probably acutely aware that this is likely to be your greatest investment ever (short of children or a good marriage), and you might be wondering if there's anything you really need to know as you go into this process. This is where your real estate professionals come in. With the help of a trained agent, you can come out on top of a closing that might otherwise have pushed your retirement ahead a decade! This happens all the time to buyers, who are left reflecting on the relatively small commission that would have brought a Realtor into the bargain to help them.
If you'd like to know about the home buying process, we'd love to tell you all about it. Contact us!